This slightly spicy Moroccan salad is full of flavor and simply delightful!
Carrots à la Chermola
Author: Catherine Katz
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-5 medium carrots, rinsed, sliced
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp coarse salt
- juice of half lemon
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- fresh chopped parsley or cilantro, to taste
- Sautee garlic in olive oil for a few seconds, add sliced carrots and stir uncovered on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add cumin powder, turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and cover to cook on low heat until the carrots are tender (about 20-25 minutes I would say, but check every so often to make sure they don't need a drop of water).
- Take off the heat, add fresh squeezed lemon juice and gently stir to coat the carrots.
- Transfer to serving platter, add a drop of olive oil and sprinkle with fresh parsley or cilantro, if using, when ready to serve, warm or cold.