These oatmeal cookies are so yummy! The blend of applesauce with almonds, raisins and cinnamon is just absolutely perfect! The amazing scent emanating from the oven when you bake these is so wonderful and homey! Because these cookies are filled with wholesome ingredients that are naturally sweet, they have considerably less added sugar than traditional cookies. They are plenty sweet! They are also rich in fiber but completely gluten-free, you just have to make sure to use rolled oats that are certified gluten-free (not all oats are).
- 1 cup organic expeller pressed canola oil
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large organic cage-free eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups dry roasted almonds (no salt)
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (dry)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Place whole roasted almonds in a food processor and grind finely--set aside.
- Cream together canola oil, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon with an electric mixer.
- Add applesauce, rolled oats and ground almonds and beat again until well blended (the batter is very "wet" and that's OK!)
- Add raisins and beat again briefly.
- Drop by big rounded tablespoon on a non-stick baking sheet (or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper).
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
Here is a brand of certified gluten-free rolled oats I like!